<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 10, 2005

How do you measure your blogging? 

I've been blogging for a few months, and I realize I haven't blogged enough about blogging, so I thought I'd start to remedy that a little.

As I've picked up a few of the tricks of the trade, one thing that has astounded me is the sheer quantity of measurements available to chart one's progress through the blogosphere:

While I'd like to say that the number of posts, especially the better ones, is my most important measure because I care only about my craft, I have to admit that my ego has grown somewhat attached to the "number of returning visitors per day" stat. To those of you who have come back, or plan to, my ego thanks you.

What's your measurement mascot, the stat you turn to first when you want a little boost?

If you really, really liked this -- or even really, really hated it -- there's lots more:
ARCHIVES