<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tag, You're It 

It appears I've been tagged by Scottage at Perspectives of a Nomad so I'll take it in the spirit intended and say neener-neener-neener right back at you, pal. But seriously...

1: Black and White or Color; how do you prefer your movies?

Color, the explosions and bloodshed definitely look better in color. Besides, B&W is either too pretentious or too ancient for my lowbrow tastes.

2: What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?

Any discussion of who started it.

3: MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium
for prerecorded music?

MP3's today, but I imagine that will be outdated tomorrow as well, and I'll have to switch to neural implants.

4: You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going … Ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?

No. Unless I can take my family and friends with me without telling them where we are going.

5: Seriously, what do you consider the world’s most pressing issue now?

I think Scottage answered this for me: "The growing divide between Islam and the Western world. As tensions continue to increase, I think this will become a more all-encompassing issue than any the world has faced since the 1930s."

6: How would you rectify the world’s most pressing issue?

I would make sure the good guys win, and I don't say that as a moral relativist. I mean us (assuming you are part of 'we'). Of course this doesn't mean the West annihilates Islam, but achieves a successful integration of it.

7: You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?

I think I would go back to when I answered question number 6 in this post and change the quoted word 'we' to 'us' because I think it required an object pronoun, but I wasn't sure. Otherwise I'm fine.

8: You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?

As long as this isn't one of those tricky three wishes things where no matter what I do, it doesn't work out, I would have to say I would prevent the Holocaust, same as Scottage.

9: A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole’ Opry –Which do you choose?

Since a Metallica concert wasn't in the list, I'll take a night at the opera because my wife would like that one. Or maybe a night at the Opera browser.

10: What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you’d like to solve?

Which of my kids managed to write on the ceiling.

11: One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?

Neal Stephenson, and the food wouldn't matter. But I'd make Chinese because I like Chinese.

12: You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky -- what’s the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?

Chocolate cheesecake, a lot of it.

Now I have to tag 4 more bloggers:
  1. World Girl Rants
  2. I Still See a Spark in You
  3. Shallow Verb
  4. Trilcat Goes Another Round
Does anyone actually read these meme things, or are they just blogfill?

If you really, really liked this -- or even really, really hated it -- there's lots more:
ARCHIVES