<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Reasons for Slow Posting 

I know, I know, most bloggers eventually have to post one of these "why I'm not posting enough" posts. But my excuses are real. Really.

You see, I just got back from vacation last week, and my last three or four posts still haven't been enough to get rid of the rust yet. But this one here, this is the magic one that'll do the trick.

Plus, this is the first week back to school for the kids. Oh sure, that's fine for them, but they're not the ones who have to worry about homework and where the schoolbooks are and what they're willing to eat for lunch the next day... Wait, no, I might have that backwards. All I know is it's more work for parents either way. Small aside: I notice that when the end of the school year comes, parents can't wait for the easier days of summer -- but then summer ends up being even harder, what with all the childcare arrangement hassles. Then, exhausted, we finally reach the end of summer thinking it will be so much easier when the kids just go back to school -- but it only gets harder again. It's the sort of child-raising paradox only fully understood by the M.C. Escher School of Parenting:


And...and...what else... let's see... well, I never thought I'd actually have to say anything like this in my lifetime, let alone write it in a public space, but here goes: I think I ate too much salad at lunch today. I'm serious. My stomach hurts a little and it's very hard to concentrate on hyperlinks and sarcastic sentences with all that gurgling going on down there. Don't believe me? You try it. No don't, really, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Forget I mentioned it. I'll just persevere in silence.

Anyway, that's not even the worst of it. I really meant to post. I wanted to, honest! But it wasn't my fault... "I ran outta gas. I had a flat tyre. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!"

Don't worry, I think the locusts only come once every seventeen years, so I should be back up and good for the long haul any day now. Until then, though, rest assured I'll keep pumping out drivel like this just to keep this page warm in the meantime. I hope you'll eventually forgive me.

If you really, really liked this -- or even really, really hated it -- there's lots more:
ARCHIVES